Jun 22

Antigen (2014 Build)

2 comments

Hello all,

My PC is a little older, but is still a VM and Gaming champ. I added a small dedication to the build to Robin Williams as this PC was completed and brought to life August 11, 2014.

PC Name: Antigen

Year completed: 2014

Completed Specs -

CPU: i7-4790k (Noctua NT-H1 compound with an NZXT Kraken x60 in a 4x140mm fan top mounted push/pull)

MB: Asus Maximus VII Formula

RAM: G. Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 (2400MHz)

GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Dual Classified (Air cooled, retired)

PSU: Seasonic Platinum 860 (80+ Platinum, Fully Modular)

SSD/HDD -

Boot: Samsung EVO 840 120gb (Windows 10)

Gaming: Samsung EVO 840 500gb

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black with side window (Ultra tower)

Monitor: First gen Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 27" 2k 144hz G-Sync

Accessories: NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Controller, Asus ROG Front Base, Internal NZXT IU01 USB Expansion (Gen1, bare board Velcro, retired), Asus BD/DVD Drive

Mouse: Logitech G700s

Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark

Upgrades:

GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Ultra Gaming

Accessories: Internal NZXT USB Hub (Replaced expansion board, magnetic)

Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero

I'm hoping to get a couple more years out of it before making the jump to the new shiny stuff. If EVGA makes or endorses a waterblock option for this RTX 2070 Ultra then I'll probably remove the Kraken and do a custom loop. As of now, there seems to be zero plans to do a waterblock for the EVGA cards. Also, FYI, I'm by no means an expert photographer so I apologize if the pics are bad.

PCPartPicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wgbj4D

Older pics:

Newer Pics:

The hub for the USB expansion on the bottom right was replaced for an internal magnetic hub which looks much much better.

New pic 6/22/2019

New pic 6/22/2019 - New Magnetic USB Hub

I hope you all like it!

Looks like a very capable machine! I like your Asus control panel. It looks awesome!

Jun 22

Thank you! The control panel works pretty well and saves me some trips to the BIOS when I play with the OC. I built it mainly to host virtual machines and as a test/dev environment, but I still can game on max settings with it (in 2k, probably won't go to 4k until my next build) which is nice.

• Photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/UZNAxsK PCPartPicker Part List (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BkGHx6) AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Her G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4-3600 XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB NZXT H510 SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W
  • Hi everyone, very new to this site so a little introducing is in order. i’m from Belgium and doing my second case job, i’ve very little time so the build goes slowly but definitly forward. Please excuse my english if it isn’t that good but i think your dutch wouldn’t be eighter. ;) so i started out with comming across this case ( a Thermaltake tower 900 snow edition) and saw oppertunity to build me a Dr Who TARDIS as i‘m a huge fan for many years.
  • This is a customers build that just added the PSU cover plate that I made them.

Categories